Friday, November 24, 2006

My Aunt...........

Today is my Aunts birthday. Except she died in May of 2004. She is the aunt that took care of my Grandma. (see August 15 post)
We were very close all throughout my life. We had a lot in common too. Crocheting was one of our common interests and she is the aunt who got me started on making my own wood crochet hooks. We passed books back and forth too.
Ever since Grandma moved out to be with my aunt, I would fly out to visit them every 3 months. I would stay for 6 days. We always had fun and I got to see my Grandma too.
Then in April of 2003 my aunt broke her knee and I drove out with my two puppies and stayed a month to take care of Grandma and my Aunt.
I am greatful for that month.
The last time I saw my aunt and grandma I flew out when I was 18 weeks pregnant with my son. I had a good visit not knowing it would be the last time I ever saw my aunt.
I miss her everyday. Everyday I think about her. Wishing she were here again, knowing it's not possible. I just still feel an empty spot in my life without my aunt.
I wonder if it will ever go away???
I have some stuff from my aunt that I brought home when I stayed the month. These are items I don't need, they are more knicknack type things. But with the Seven things project, I am finding them hard to let go.
Maybe one day I can...................

2 comments:

earthchick said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, find it particularly difficult to let go of things given to me by someone who is no longer around, even if I don't need the things. It's just hard, like trying to let go of the person all over again.

Hugs to you.

Salihah סליחה صالحه said...

Found your blog through Am's blog, Paved Paradise...I don't think that empty spot ever goes away. But I do think, in time, it does fill in a bit with love and memories that still continue to grow when we remember a loved one no longer with us. She lives on in your heart and in the activities you shared together. Wishing you peace, Salihah