Saturday, September 08, 2007

More about baby blankets.....

I love to make baby blankets and send them to new mama's. For no other reason that it brings me joy.
I also make memorial blankets for mama's. Little blankets I send so they have a memorial blanket for their lost baby. It's sad and though I like to crochet, this is one of my least favorite projects to crochet. It's so sad when I hear of a mommy that has lost her baby. I just hope and pray that these little blankets bring some amount of comfort to the grieving mama.
Today I heard about one of those mama's. She is having another baby! I am going to send her a blanket I am working on right now for her baby due in October. This mama is bringing her memorial blanket to the hospital when she delivers her son so that her lost daughter can be remembered too. Though it is sad--it is a happy time too...

No comments: