Sunday, July 22, 2012

A mid summer update

It's mid summer. Another birthday has passed as well as my daughter celebrating another birthday on the same day.  We went out to Red Lobster to eat. It was good.

Unpacking at my mom's is going ok. Not as quickly as I had hoped it would go, but it's coming along. I can only do so much on the days I am there and then something else always comes up that needs doing.  But all the rooms are set up, and boxes are getting unpacked. In between unpacking, I clean her house. It's bigger than her other one, so it will take longer.

Mom is doing very very well. The ortho doctor does not need to see her for a YEAR!! I was shocked to hear that. She will have life long restrictions, mostly of the bending variety. But over all, she is doing very well.

The boy is taking swim lessons and playing baseball. He likes both activities, but is not a prolific swimmer at all. I refer to him as an aqua-rock. But he tries, and he can swim.  His summer has kind of been a bummer because we go to my moms house every other day to help her get settled. That's not a lot of fun for him but I explained that grandma can't do it all herself and we need to help. I think he understands.

My daughter recently had surgery to remove some steel plates and screws from her arms. She was in an accident a few years ago and she required plates and screws to repair her arms. She is glad they are out now and I hope she has less pain now.

I am going to Maryland in August! I can't wait. I thought I wouldn't be able to go this year with my moms surgery,  and school, but I am able to go and I am happy about that!  I signed up for one class this fall, Statistics. I am thinking about going to nursing school, but am still undecided. I am taking classes that are required for the nursing program and are general classes I would need for a degree anyway, so by doing that, I have time to make a decision. It would be a two year RN program. Two years full time.

The husband is working and taking some vacation time this month and next month, which will be nice too. And he is painting our laundry room and putting a new floor beneath the washer and dryer. We recently purchased a new washer/dryer set and thought it was a good time to repaint and refloor that area.

I continue to crochet during the summer. I have several projects I need to finish. I am making my sister in law a prayer shawl. She liked my moms so I thought I would make her one. I also have several baby blankets to make and the mornings my boy has swim lessons I make washcloths for the troops. I can almost finish one during his lesson time.

I think that's it. Hope you all are having a wonderful summer!! It's going by way too fast though~!!

No comments: