Monday, March 26, 2007

A Granny Square....






I am so pleased with myself!! After 30 years of crocheting I have finally made a Granny Square. Here is a pic of my first ever square.
My dear Aunt, who was my crochet buddy tried many, many times to teach me how to make a granny square and I just couldn't do it. It was a great source of frustration to me too.
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I took out my book, and with my little guy running around and the TV on, I made a granny square!! I was, and still am shocked. I have made about 12 of them now in purple. And they are being donated to make a blanket for Alzheimers.
I am also making a giant granny square and will donate that too.

April 20---Here is the pic of the Giant Granny square I made and donated. It was fun to make it. The top picture is the giant granny. The bottom square is my first ever granny square.

2 comments:

domestika said...

What a wonderful idea - I *think* I can recall how to make a granny square... the perfect thing to pick up when you've only got a few minutes, or some bits of leftover yarn. Alzheimers is a cause close to my heart, too - you're an inspiration, Pamela!

VivC said...

Pam, I swear you are the perfect example of a great daughter of Christ!