Friday, October 26, 2007

Vacations, Visiting and reunions

We recently went to my husbands 20 year reunion at the Naval Academy. We had a good time. The weather was good too and my hubby saw people he hadn't seen in years. Plus there is reasonably good seafood out there. LOL. We also went to the football game and that was fun.
My little guy had fun at the hotels with swimming. And everytime there was a knock on a door, he would say "come in"!!!! I had to explain to him that it wasn't always our door.
I also have relatives still out there and we went to visit my cousin. It was sort of hard because it's where I used to visit my aunt and grandma every three months for 4 years. It was hard to stay in a hotel when I had always stayed with my aunt. My cousin offered to let us stay there but with the little guy I declined.
Then we were driving to the airport and there was so much that had changed in the 3 years since I had been there last. It was a tough drive.
I enjoyed visiting with my cousin though. We went through family pictures and I was able to take some home with me. The memories the pictures brought back--that is a happy memory.
My cousin told me I don't laugh as much as I used to. I think I do and I asked my husband and he confirmed that I still laugh!! I told my cousin that my aunt dying had sucked some of the joy out of my life. Because it did. I just miss her so very much still, almost four years later.

1 comment:

bp said...

Glad you were able to go. I'm sorry it was hard for you but glad you could still enjoy it and the special memories.