Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

 Today is Veterans day. There are a lot of Vets in my family including me. You never know when you sign up in the volunteer Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines whether there will be a war. And when you are drafted, you know, of course, that it is war time.
Here is a list of my family members that are Vets:
John- Great Great Grandpa- Army- Civil war
Leonard-Dad-Army-WW2
George-Father in Law-Air Force-Korea
Bill-Uncle-Air Force-Korea
Mark-brother-Air Force-Viet Nam era
Bill-cousin-Army- Viet Nam  era
Bob-cousin-Army- Viet Nam era
Steve-cousin-Navy Viet nam era
Bill-cousin-Army- peacetime
Lisa-cousin-Army-Viet Nam era (last of the WACS)
Mike-brother in law-Air Force-peacetime
John-husband- Navy (Naval Academy)Desert Storm
Pam-Army-peacetime
Nick-nephew-Air Force-serving NOW
I am proud of my family members, and everyone else that serves in the Armed Forces, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that served. I am thankful for the men and women that serve in the Armed Forces today too.
This is a picture of me in Basic Training (Fort McClellan AL), I think. It might have been AIT in San Antonio TX.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.

No comments: