Tuesday, December 04, 2012

World Vision

http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?lpos=top_drp_WaysToGive&go=catalog&

Each year my husband receives a bonus from work and each year we each receive a piece of the bonus to give to a charity.  Most years I choose World Vision.

Each year when I make the phone call, I make a fool of myself and start crying. I cry because it makes me desperately sad that I even have to give to this charity to begin with. But I give with a cheerful heart.

There are many different items that can be donated. Most years I give animals. This year I gave a goat and chickens, then another portion for where ever the need is greatest.

Last year I donated fruit trees.

It is very humbling to me to give to this organization. I am thankful I can give.


1 comment:

bp said...

That's a wonderful tradition!