Saturday, July 05, 2014

Forty years ago......................

Wow, just writing that out makes me feel old!!

Forty years ago, I spent the summer in New Jersey with my relatives. My sweet grandma, my great grandma and my aunt and a family friend drove out there and they all left me there and I flew home later in the summer. It was a definite summer to remember.

 I stayed with my Aunt that I have written about occasionally and my Uncle and cousins. It was a fabulous summer.  For July 4th, we went to the shore for fireworks and it was beautiful to see the fireworks over the ocean while sitting on the beach.

We did a lot that summer. My one cousin and I went to the Boys and Girls club often and met people there. There was a trampoline there.  I met a boy and I have stayed in touch with him all these years. Just recently, he sadly lost his son to a drug overdose. His only son. He is heartbroken and I am heartbroken for him. No parent should ever live to see the loss of a child.

My other cousin, who is like a sister to me, is the cousin I go visit each year. This year I went in the middle of May again.  We had a good visit.

I will always have fond memories of that summer and all the people I met. It was a special summer for me.

No comments: