Saturday, October 21, 2006

The swing



Today is yard cleaning day. We have already made a trip to the dump--the part of the dump that takes demolition/redecorating stuff.
We also have a swing like this one except ours is much, much more weathered.
Since we now have a play yard where the swing used to be, and we haven't used the swing in years, we decided to let someone else have it. So, we put it to the curb. One couple already stopped and I thought they were going to take it, but alas, they didn't.
I will update when the swing has found anew home.
UPDATE: The swing is GONE! I think it took less than three hours. We love the curbside recycling. We have put shelves, cabinets desks, chairs and bed frames out there and people have always taken it all. Most everything we put out there is in very good shape.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm sure someone will love that swing! I like curb-side furniture. In college, my roommates and I furnished an entire apartment dumpster-diving and picking up furniture from the curb. I still think that it was the cutest apartment I've ever had.