Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 15............

Today is my Grandma's birthday. She would have been 99 years old today.
She died in January of 2005. I really, really miss her.
We were very close all my life. I saw her often. It wasn't until she was about 89 or so that she started failing. Not in health, she was always very healthy, but in her mind.
She had dementia and alzheimers and it was sad to watch her decline.
She went to live with my sweet aunt in 1999 and I flew out to Maryland every 3 months to visit with her and my aunt. It was always bittersweet to visit with her because she didn't really remember who I was the last few years of her life. That didn't make her any less my grandma, it just made it sadder to visit with her.
She loved getting cards and I would send her two cards a week. I miss doing that now too.
I am thankful for all the time I had with her and I cherish all my memories of grandma.
I am thankful she was at my wedding and saw my two children. I am thankful for all that she taught me and all the love she gave me.
I miss her......................

1 comment:

bp said...

Hugs to you. What a nice memory of your Grandma.