Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Granny squares again.....



These are four granny squares I made to give to two women on my crochet board.
My motive you ask??
The purple squares (12 inches) are for a woman who's niece was robbed. The pink squares (7 inches) are for a woman who has a friend that is experiencing infertility.
On my crochet board, people post for donated squares for "comfortghans". Then whoever can, makes the squares, sends them to the original poster and that person puts together an afghan with the donated squares. I enjoy crocheting these squares becasue I know it will bring someone else joy to receive an afghan and that there are other people--total strangers, thinking of them!!

2 comments:

bp said...

What a neat idea! I love that everyone can work together to do something so meaningful and creat something lovely.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful idea! It's so meaningful and lovely.