Sunday, November 25, 2007

Treadmills and Ellipticals

Last December I talked dh into getting me an Elliptical machine to exercise on at home. He was leary, with good reason. Years ago I asked for a treadmill and it became a clothes hanger. We donated it to a couple at church and that was that.
Well, I quit smoking and I wanted to exercise and I wanted to be able to do it at home since the boy is so little yet.
So I got the elliptical and I LOVE it. I used it every other day from January of this year til May when it was nice enough to exercise outside. Then dh and the little guy and I went bike riding. I think my husband was pleasantly surprised that I actually used the thing too.
Now I wanted a Treadmill because I get bored on the Elliptical and need a little variety. So my sweetie got me a treadmill!! It was delivered on Wednesday and I am liking it. Has lots of cool functions and a variety of workout levels.
My ultimate goal is to be able to do my C25K training this winter so that in the spring when the weather is nice, I can run outside.
And it wouldn't hurt to get back into shape and lose some weight!!

2 comments:

bp said...

How nice! I hope you enjoy your treadmill through the cold months.

Adrianne said...

That is awesome! Keep up the great work. I joined a gym, and I'm loving it. Hopefully, I will keep it up, too.