Saturday, November 24, 2007

Veterans Day.

Seems I missed it in my blog this year.
I am a veteran. I did not serve during a war. But I am still a veteran. It took me a long time to accept that. But as my dh says, "you signed up and served and were ready to serve during a war". And he's right. I am a veteran.
My husband is a veteran too. He served during war time.
My brother is a veteran too. He served during VietNam.
My brother in law is a vet too. So was my FIL, he served during Korea.
My Dad served during World War 2.
My cousin Lisa is a vet too. So was her brother Billy.
My other cousin Steve is a vet too. So is his brother, my other cousin Billy.
All branches of the Armed forces are represented in our families except the Marine Corps. with the Army overwhelmingly represented. (GO ARMY!!)
I am thankful to all the service men and women that have served and our serving today. It means my freedom, and for that, I am thankful.
I am THANKFUL.

No comments: