Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st

Wow, I can't believe it it the first of December already.

We had our first significant snow fall yesterday and the boy went sliding down our backyard hill. He loves the snow. He even helped daddy with the driveway!!

We are all done with Christmas shopping, though I have the baking to do. It's still too early to bake though.

My mom is doing well with her rehab. It's not as easy to see her so much this time since the little guy is in school now. But I go when I can. I'll be seeing Mom this weekend and I talk to her every day.

Saturday is the Army - Navy game. We go to the Air Force base and watch it with Naval Academy Alumni. Last year there were a few from my Husbands class that he actually knew! And there are older alumni, which is always fun--they like to talk.

Daughters cat was very ill--she will have an expensive vet bill this time around. He can go home today though.

Had a visitor in my yard this morning. As I was getting ready to bring the boy to school, I went out to start the car and there was a dog in the driveway. A Border Collie!! We had Border Collies and this one looked similar to ours.
Friendly, but skittish. And he knew how to sit. I just couldn't get close enough to see his tags. So I put my card in the mailbox--he wanted to follow me but we live on a busy road and I told him no. He followed me anyway and just at the moment his owner showed up. She drove by and I pointed to the dog--who is Skippy and she pulled into our driveway. Skippy ran from his home about half a mile away and knew he was naughty. He was even skittish with his mama. But she got him into the car. Skippy is 9 months old. I told her if she ever lost him again to come looking and I know where they all live now.

A happy ending to what could have been a tragedy with the busy road. We have lost 2 dogs to the road before we got a fence.

Busy making a couple of baby blankets for a friend that asked if I could make them for her to give to her friends having babies--I'll post pictures when I am done.

Still working on a few hats for the nieces and nephews as well. Need to get them done before the 24th.

I think that is all for today. I am glad the Skippy thing worked out the way it did!!

Have a great day today!!

No comments: