Monday, December 15, 2008

Sooner or later it was bound to happen....

My husband and I are older parents of the little guy. I had the daughter when I was younger. People often think that our daughter is the little guys mom when we are all out together.

I am older by four years than my husband. I have gray hair that I color so it isn't gray and my hubby has gray hair that he doesn't color.

The little guy calls daddy "papa" or if you watch Oobi, "papu". Most people think he is calling daddy, papa = grandpa.

Today my husband had some knee surgery and after I picked up the little guy from school, we went to see papa. Daddy did well with the surgery and we were all hanging out just waiting for him to become un numb.

The nurse came in and and the little guy called daddy papa, asking papa to hand him something. The nurse thought he was asking her and said, "oh, grandpa can get that for you."

I immediately corrected her and told her that we were older parents. It was very briefly an awkward moment but over all not too bad.

I know it will happen again in the future but I don't care. We are blessed to have this little guy in our lives!!

No comments: