Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!



Some say the Star that was in the sky when Jesus was born was three planets in close proximity. The bible also does not say that the three wisemen were at Jesus birth, it just says they visited him.

Today is the day that most Christians celebrate Jesus birth, but we all know He wasn't born on December 25. That's ok. We still celebrate His birth.

We have no tree and we don't decorate our house, though I would love a cross or huge lighted star to hang on the house for passersby to see. I do send out Christmas cards because I love to send cards. And we give modest gifts to the children and young adults in the family. We don't have piles of gifts anywhere.

And we donate to Toys for Tots and some years sponsor a family.

I usually bake or make some food item for my brothers, my mother in law, mom and a neighbor .

And the nieces and nephews liked their crocheted hats!! I just have two hats I need to modify so it worked out well!

This time of year can be stressful and I pray you all have a peaceful celebration this year!!

Luke 2:8-14
8 Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.
10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 “ Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”

1 comment:

bp said...

Merry Christmas my friend!