Friday, March 13, 2009

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away........



Back in 1977, for some reason, I didn't ever get into watching Star Wars. I must have been busy with other things.

When the three new episodes came out in the 1990's, my daughter was interested in them and I think we had the video tapes of the three earlier movies. She went to the theater and watched the new movies. I still never did.

It wasn't until very recently that I watched all six movies.

This week my husband had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off from work. It just so happened that we didn't have much going on so we took the opportunity to watch five of the six movies.

My little guy enjoyed them too and got to see how his light saber actually works!

So for a few afternoons we watched five of the six movies and I got to find out why Darth Vader went to the dark side and ended up like he ended up.

And to think it only took thirty-two years for me to watch all the movies!!!
I actually have enjoyed watching them all.

There was one we couldn't find immediately and I found it today. It is the Phantom Menace and we will be watching that this weekend probably.

May the Force be with you.......................................LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you have wandered through life all these years without having experienced Star Wars?! All the references in movies and pop culture that you have missed!

LOL!

May the force be with you!

Pamela said...

LOL, I've seen bits and pieces of some of the early movies. This is the first time ever that I have seen all of them in their entirety. I am enjoying them a lot too.