Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24, 1994

Fourteen years ago we got married. I am so thankful to God for my husband and the life we share and the children we share.

We had a smallish wedding. My daughter was in it too. I had a Maid of Honor too. My husband had a Best man and a Groomsman. It was the exact wedding we both wanted.

It was a 2 pm wedding with lots of finger foods at the reception because I didn't want a sit down meal.

I cried throughout the whole ceremony and my eyes weren't even red!!

It was a beautiful day, sort of like today is. It was a fall day since I wanted to be married in the fall.

We were at our hotel by 6 pm. My husband rented a themed room and ours was "Grecian".

He planned the honeymoon too. We were going to do a cruise in Alaska but the last ship sailed one week before we got married.

We went to Maine and Boston and had a beautiful time.

My daughter joined us in Boston for the last few days and we all had a great time.

A lot has happened in our 14 years but I am not sure I would change much that has happened--the good or the bad. I know that God has a plan for us and He has had that plan from the beginning of time.

My husband and I met at dance lessons that a friend and I took together. I hadn't really dated much in the 9 years I had my daughter but decided I needed to learn to two step, three step and the waltz--all country style!!!

And it was all God that we even met since my friend and my class was cancelled and we had to wait to take the class where I met my husband.

We took the next set of lessons and started dated and then 9 months later we got married!!

I love my husband and love the life we have and I look forward to all our years together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Ephesians 5:22-24

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Genesis 2:23-25
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

1 comment:

bp said...

Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your story of your wedding and how you met.