Monday, August 10, 2009

August

Seems we are finally getting summer here. It's been hot and humid.

My July wasn't as busy as my August is turning out to be.

The little guy recently finished T ball, he had a blast with it this year, and his last years coach said he saw a huge improvement with the little guy. He had a really good coach this year too, which helps.

He takes his last two week session of swim lessons the next two weeks. He is looking forward to that!!

The little guy is also starting all day every day kindergarten in September. He is really excited about that, as am I. Sort of. It will be an adjustment for all of us.

I've been mostly working on the last needlepoint chair cover for my mom. I started it July 16 and am hoping to be done with it by the end of August. That has meant no crocheting for me. I have a couple of baby blankets to make too. But they can wait.
I also have found a new crochet project that I am going to give a go on. It's different and interesting. I'll post more about that later.

My husband has been working a lot and there is more of that in the future. Part of it is him picking up some overtime, and part of it is just his work schedule.

I have a high school reunion coming up this weekend. It should be fun and interesting, my husband is coming with this time. Last time the little guy was just a small baby and so the husband stayed home with the little guy.

There are several church functions over this month as well that should be fun.

Then later in the month and into early September we have the State Fair!! We will be going again to that with the little guy and daughter, if she can make it.

The girl is doing well. Starting a new job here this week. She was over the other day and the little guy really has a lot of fun when she is here.

My mom is doing well and would like to take a trip back to her hometown again. And she is having cataract surgery this coming week and then later in August, since they only do one eye at a time.

My bible study resumes in September as well. I am excited for that and am curious to know what the studies will be this year. There have been a few suggestions, so I am sure over the next few weeks that we will decide. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment!!

The garden is doing very well and we are starting to get some yummy tomatoes and green peppers and cucumbers!! Fresh garden tomatoes are my favorite!!

I think that's all I have going on here..................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing what's going on in the wonderful world of the Blanket Fairy!

I can't believe that the boy will be going into kindergarten. Where does the time go!