Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Today Iris has chosen Rescue as our theme.

I looked up rescue in the dictionary and this is what I found. Does it sound familiar?? It is exactly what Jesus did for all of us!!

1. To set free, as from danger or imprisonment; save.

2. An act of rescuing; a deliverance.

Synonyms are: deliver, redeem, ransom, reclaim, save

Again this is exactly what Jesus did for each and every one of us. He rescued us for a life without God. He saved us!!!

The bible is also full of passages that refer to rescue.

Psalm 136:24
And rescued us from our enemies,For His mercy endures forever

Daniel 6:27
He delivers and rescues, And He works signs and wonders In heaven and on earth, Who has delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

I have been rescued, have you??

Today I especially thankful for:
my family
my children
good friends

1 comment:

bp said...

So nicely said. That definition is so exactly what Christ did.