Saturday, August 22, 2009

Painted Doilies



This is one of my newest projects. It's called painted doilies.

The idea is, you use sewing thread, three strands at a time. As you crochet, you drop one strand of the starting color and pick up a new color, then you drop another strand of the starting color and pick up a second thread of the new color etc.

It sounded fun and looks even more fun to do. Some of the people on my crochet board have made painted doilies and they are beautiful. You can use virtually any doily pattern and modify it to use the thread.

The only other thing I have ever made with crochet thread is the leprosy bandage. I have no desire to work with crochet thread other than making the bandages.

I think this is going to be a fun project. It's just as expensive as yarn, and more actually since I need three spools of each color.

I am going to attempt to make the fan on the right hand side of the book.

I will post when it is finished, I am not sure when I will even start it since I am a bit behind on my crochet.

No comments: