Monday, August 17, 2009

The Reunion....

Went to my high school reunion on Saturday night. My husband went with me this time. He didn't go to the last one since the little guy was just about six months old.

It was fun to see the people I went to high school with. And it was fun to see some people I went to elementary school with!!! I had never thought of that before but there are some people there that I have known for a very long time.

There was a long table and area that had year books, pictures, papers etc from our high school. That stuff was fun to see too.

There were three high schools in my town and ours shut down a few years after we all graduated. So there are only two now. But it seems as though people went to our high school from all over the city--which is weird.

We have about a dozen or so classmates that have died. Some from drugs and alcohol, some from car accidents, motorcycle accidents and illness.

There were also two professional football players from our class. As well as a Grammy winner for music. There is one guy and his wife that sell tea to restaurants, and at the farmers market and other places. We also have a classmate that committed a murder, right around the time we graduated. He joined our site, but has never showed up to a reunion, and he won't ever, since he is in jail for a life sentence. I'm not sure what other "famous" people there are.

Over all, the men haven't fared well in the aging department as well as the women. There were some women that really looked the same. Most of the men didn't and it was harder to figure out who was who most of the time.

Plus, the name tags with our pictures were printed pretty small. I mean we are all getting older. It was good for me to realize that I am not the only one that has issues seeing things. Lots of the people there had some of the same complaints.


There were a couple teachers there too this time. That was interesting.

And it was fun to reconnect with people who I had other things in common with. One classmates daughter dated my nephew for a while. And another classmates sister watched my daughter for years!!

We will have another reunion in five years, but there was some talk about having get togethers before that. I hope that happens because it sounds fun.

Over all it was a great evening!!

1 comment:

bp said...

That does sound fun! Glad you were able to attend. I'm sure Meemaw would enjoy hearing about that, you could even print off what you typed and send it (just a thought!) She loves everything you send!