Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31st 2009

Another year has gone by. It’s been a good year. We have all remained healthy.



The little guy started school and he loves it. I like it too. It’s a private Christian school and I love that there are so many volunteering opportunities and that I can get to know all the teachers.



The little guy played T ball this past summer and took swim lessons.

His newest interest is skateboarding and we have found an indoor skateboard park for him. He can also use his razor scooter there.

He also started AWANA this year. We like it because it is in the late afternoon and we are generally home by 6:30 pm or so. He does very well memorizing bible verses too!


The daughter started a new job that she likes and also moved closer to that job. She is still about 45 minutes away which isn’t bad.



The husband continues to work hard for us all. This year he worked a lot of overtime.



I continue to volunteer at school, crochet for charity and go to bible study. This year I also read more books!! That was a goal of mine. Nothing earth shattering.



We hosted Christmas this year and it went well. We bought a new fake tree and it fit perfectly into our home and we like it because it was pre-lit!!



Our huge news for this year is that we are totally debt free after 19 months of following Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University Program. We have the mortgage left to pay off, but all of our debts are paid!! We are so happy about this!!



No huge goals for next year. We will continue to pay down on our mortgage and perhaps take a vacation now. There are a lot of places we would like to go.

Of course I would like to lose some weight and toward that end I plan on using the elliptical and treadmill this winter and hopefully when it becomes nice out again, I will walk outdoors. There is a five mile hike I could walk. Or bike. I like my bicycle too.



I hope you all have a safe New Year’s celebration and a blessed 2010!!


"The friendship that can cease has never been real."

No comments: