Saturday, May 03, 2008

Grandma's Needlepoint



This is the needlepoint I made for my Grandma in 1988.

Grandma was here visiting and she chose the picture and I made it.

When it was done she brought it home and framed it and hung it in her house.

When she moved out to my Aunts, I went out to visit and I brought it home.

I know my Grandma had many years of enjoying the picture. We used to laugh because I made several errors in the needlepoint and I used to point out the mistakes and grandma would always say, "no one can see that!", then we would laugh.

I'm glad I have it now. It makes me smile whenever I look at it.

2 comments:

bp said...

I'm enjoying the pictures! How long does it take you to do one like that?

Pamela said...

It depends on how much and how often I work on them. Usually a few months for the bigger ones. All the ones I will be posting are big ones.
A lot of them are 16x20 inches. I made a lot of 5x7 ones too.