Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hansens Disease

Who knew??

I sure didn't until about 20 years ago. I knew there was leprosy in the world but I had never met anyone with Hansens disease.

I worked at a clinic for 8 years. There was a little old asian woman that would come in monthly for lab work etc.

One day I asked my supervisor why this woman came in so often. My supervisor replied that she had Leprosy--also known as Hansens disease for the man who "found" it.

You could not tell that this woman had this affliction. She had all her limbs and no funny looking skin or anything. And she was just the sweetest person.

Thank God for antibiotics.

Here is the wiki article on Leprosy.
Hansens Disease

So, that brings me to this blog here leprosy bandages

I found this on my crochet board and thought it was something I would like to have a try at.

I have never crocheted with thread but I am having a go at this project.

I will post when I have a bandage done!!

1 comment:

bp said...

You find such neat projects to do for such good causes!