Friday, May 02, 2008

Needlepoint


Other than crocheting, I also needlepoint. I learned at the same time I learned to crochet.

My teachers name was Mrs. Travis and she was a HomeEc teacher. Little, old, blue haired lady. She taught crochet, needlepoint and knitting. Maybe cross stitch too, but I don't remember.

I took a liking to needlepoint and crochet.

This was the sampler I made in 1977. The grade I received for it was an A.

I have lots of needlepoints around my house. I used to do one per year.

They were not framed until I got married and my husband had them framed for me. I used to roll them up in tissue paper and tie them with yarn and there they sat in my closet for years.

I'll post some of those later.

1 comment:

bp said...

I really look forward to seeing these! You're so talented in many areas!