Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday

/>

This weeks theme is "change"

This is an interesting word to me. Most of the time change is difficult for me. I know I am not the only one to resist change but I am by nature a person of routine. Routine settles me, change upsets me most of the time. It makes me uncomfortable most of the time too.

I believe that we all need change. I think that God sets change in our lives for good and by having change in our lives, God is communicating what we need. We absolutely need change to grow. Change renews our mind.

Nelson Mandela says:
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

Nelson Mandela (1918 - ), 'A Long Walk to Freedom'

His statement is so true. If we never change we never grow.

Psalm 55:19 (NKJV) states:

God will hear, and afflict them,
Even He who abides from of old. Selah
Because they do not change,
Therefore they do not fear God.

We all need to fear God. I know I do. I also know that God is a loving God.

Some changes I like to see:
*Growth in my son and daughter
*The seasons. I am thankful for the four seasons
*growth in myself

I've been through several changes over the last couple of years. Some have been good changes in my life and some have been sad changes in my life.
I have learned to move on though and I continue in my walk with God daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romans 13:12

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

1 comment:

bp said...

Excellent! I love that quote you shared.

Have a good evening!