Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Thank you to Iris, our host at Grace Alone for our theme this week: Basics

I often think of things when I am in the shower. Yesterday I thought how nice it is to have running water because I know in a lot of parts of the world, there is no running water. And it goes along with last weeks theme of the "little" things.

I am thankful for these basics:

*running water
*enough food and extra food in my pantry and freezer
*a warm house
*a vehicle, though this isn't a basic in some countries!
*clothing
*my family
*my freedoms
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 7:17 (New King James Version)

I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Numbers 6:24-26 (New King James Version)

24 “The LORD bless you and keep you;

25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;

26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”’

2 comments:

Longevity said...

I am thankful for my freedoms every day, too. I think it's one that escapes most people.

bp said...

Freedoms, that is a good one I catch myself forgetting to be thankful for.