Friday, February 06, 2009

Journals



I've always been terrible about writing in a journal. I want to keep a journal and I try. And try and try.
It just never quite works out.

I was reading a blog I often read and the blogger had a suggestion. Keep in mind that she has seven children and keeps up with her journal.

There's something that sounds like it might work with her idea.

She keeps a spiral notebook in her kitchen and jots down the day to day things her children do. Even the boring, mundane things they do that people don't generally blog about with their children.

I think I might be able to do this. If I can just get into the habit of actually doing it, I am sure I can keep up. It doesn't have to a pages long entry every time, just the little things you might not remember in a day or two and certainly not a year from now.

We received a Letter box here from a baby shower and each year we write in it I sometimes have trouble coming up with something to write. If I had this simple journal to look back on it would make it so much more easy to write this letter to my boy.

I'm going to give it a go and see what happens!!

1 comment:

bp said...

I like this idea! Hope it works well for you. Keep us posted.