Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30

Today marks five long years since my aunt died unexpectedly. I actually thought my cousin was calling about my Grandma since we all expected my grandma, at age 96, to die first.

My cousin called me at 6 am and I was just shocked by what she told me. Then I had to call my mom and tell her. That was very difficult. It was horrible.

I still miss my dear aunt. I miss sharing a whole lot of stuff with her. I just miss talking to her too. We were always very close.

As the years go by, I have less and less bad days, but I still ocassionally have those bad days.

Oddly, one year ago my dog died on this day too. I posted about Otis here. He's the one right in front. I still miss him a lot too. He was my special dog. He loved my aunt too. I brought Otis out on a plane to visit my aunt and her dogs.
I know I will never have another Otis in my life, he was that special.....

1 comment:

bp said...

Thinking of you