Thursday, May 07, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Lynn is our host for the month of May.

Today we our thankful to Mothers.

I am thankful that I still have my mom with me. That wasn't always the case. I was one of those rebellious teens and I can only imagine the anguish I cost my parents.
Being a mom myself I can understand some of that anguish now.

It took a while before our relationship was as good as it is now. There were times I shared more with my Aunt or Grandma than I shared with my mom.

I was talking with my daughter yesterday. She told me I wasn't her hero but I am a good role model. I can live with that. I don't need to be her hero, but I am glad she thinks of me as a role model. I know that hasn't always been the case.

Mothers can be someone other than our Mothers. A mother can be a close friend, an aunt, a grandma. These are special people in our lives too.

I know Mothers day can be hard for some women. Women that have lost children, or are infertile, or have had miscarriages. This day can be painful as well as joyful.

I hope you have a wonderful Mothers day!

I rejoice that I have my two healthy children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proverbs 23:25 (New King James Version)

25 Let your father and your mother be glad,
And let her who bore you rejoice.

1 comment:

bp said...

Great thoughts! You're right, there are many women who play special roles in our lives.
Happy Mother's Day to you too.