Sunday, October 18, 2009

The bell..........

I had never heard the phrase "you can't unring the bell" until about a week ago when a friend and I were talking.

This means that once something has been done, you have to live with the consequences as it can't be undone.

She mentioned something she had done that she wished she could undo--hence the comment about the bell. We had a longish talk about the whole situation and what she could do now and in the future to prevent the feeling of wanting to unring the bell.

So I have been thinking about the things I have done in my life that I would like to "unring". There are many actually. From the past to the present. Things I wish that I could unring. From friends to family. Even strangers-- the door not held open, the parking space taken etc etc.

My friend is a good, sweet person. I've known her a long time. She has just made some errors in judgement in her life.

I don't know about you, but I know that she is not the only one. I have made errors in my life too. I think that everybody has lapses in judgement and would like to unring that darn bell!!

Do you have a story about unringing the bell??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 34:18 (New American Standard Bible)

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I have way too many regrets. I guess that has something to do with having a conscience and a sense of morals or I'd have no regrets.

I certainly understand wanting to unring the bell. Sigh.