Friday, October 02, 2009

October blanket



It's good to be crocheting again!!!

This isn't really a blanket. But it is October!!

This is a prayer shawl, and it is folded for the picture.

I love this color, it's one of my favorites but of course it doesn't look so great in the picture I took. It's all in the lighting.

This is made with Red Heart Light and Lofty yarn and it is very similar to Homespun. I got this yarn from the church where the prayer shawl ministry is. Someone had started working with it and decided not to continue. It is difficult to work with if you haven't used this type of yarn before. It's much more bulky than normal yarn and generally you need to use a bigger hook, or needles if you are knitting with it. Lots of people on my crochet board do not like this type of yarn. I do like it. That's why I use it so much!

The color is Wine and this piece is 26 inches wide and 63 inches long. I could have made it narrower but it still works as a shawl!

No comments: