Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Today, Iris at Grace Alone is our host. Iris has chosen "trials" for our topic today.

I think of Moses and the Jews in the wilderness for forty years. What a trial that would be!

I believe we go through trials to make us stronger and build character.

There have been times when I have felt like I was wandering in the wilderness, just floundering about. I know during those times that God had my back! I know He was protecting me and watching over me and watching me make my mistakes.

The good thing about trials is most of the time we learn from them, and that is a good results from trials!

Trials also strengthen our faith!

Today I am thankful for:

* my daughter spending the day with us
* my little guy asking his teacher if sister could stay with him at school today!!
* sunny days
* my husband having days off during the week
* friends

1 Peter 1:5-7 (New Living Translation)

5 And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.

6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.
7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

No comments: