Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Today Iris has chosen "life" for the topic.

Life... It can be so sweet and so painful all at the same time. This quote below is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. I can't start my life all over, or fix the mistakes I have made, but I can move forward and learn from them, which is what I, and many many other people have done.

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Maria Robinson

This quote by Kierkegaard is so very true in every way. If only we knew then what we know now!! How different would our lives be?

But we must always remember the path we take is a path laid out before us. We have free will to choose, even if God has another plan for us.

I wonder how many times I didn't listen to God and made my own choices?? I often wonder how different my life would be if some of the choices I made were different?? I simply cannot imagine.

My life is not my own.

Life can only be understood backwards,
but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Today I am thankful for:
* my husband
* my children
* turkey on sale!!
* sunny days
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Galatians 2:20 (New King James Version)

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.


Acts 20:24 (New King James Version)

24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself,[a] so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

No comments: