Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

That time of year again.

I am making a full turkey dinner this year. It will be just my family and my mom.

This year I feel impressed to pray for our nation and the leaders of our nation.

Everyone from the President, Governors, Congressmen, Senators and any one else in a leadership position. I believe at this time in our history, our nation needs prayer. I try to pray daily for our nation and leaders but must admit that I don't make it each day.

I am eternally thankful I live here where I can freely worship and praise GOD. Though it seems to be harder and harder to do.

I am thankful for all my family members. Especially my mom and husband. I am also very thankful for my two children. They each have brought me something different and glorious at different stages of my life. Each child of mine is a true miracle to me, for many reasons.

I am thankful I can make a full turkey dinner and enjoy it with my family. I am thankful for a full cupboards and a full refrigerator--things I often take for granted.

I am thankful for friends in my life--past and present. I believe each friend was brought into my life for a reason and a season.

And today, I am even thankful for message boards and the people I have "met" through them.

I am thankful to have wonderful memories of family members that are no longer with us. I can remember the good memories, and the fun memories. Past thanksgiving celebrations with family members no longer here. Cherished memories of family members. These are good memories and sometimes they bring tears. Good tears.

It often seems to be a day of reflection for me too. I will continue to reflect throughout the week.

I hope you all have a wonder Thanksgiving celebration!!

No comments: