Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Today is Thanksgiving. My turkey is stuffed and cooking away in the oven. I have all my side dishes prepared, and the rolls are rising.

We have no snow today and it reminds me of the Thanksgiving's of my youth when my Grandpa and his wife would come visiting. Cool crisp sunny days made for a walk.

Some years we went to my Uncle's house near St. Louis. I have fond memories of thanksgiving--being with family, and celebrating.

This year my gathering is small since my husband will be going in to work tonight.
So it is just my family and my mom.

Today I am thankful for:
* my mom--that she remains vibrant and healthy
* my daughter
* my little guy
* my husband
* my God and faith
* plentiful fresh food
* family being together
* my freedoms

I hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you are doing!!

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments: