Friday, September 01, 2006

The compost pile and a wood chipper



The top picture is of the "new" compost pile. The one I have been working on.
The second picture is of the "old" compost pile, the one that was my husbands.
I still have some work to do on it but it takes a while. I am enjoying working with the dirt, and mixing it all up, etc.
We also figured out where we will be putting the garden! I am looking forward to that too. I plan on doing some tomatoes and herbs to start with.
We bought a wood chipper/shredder yesterday. It was the guys first ever listing on Craigslist. We got a good deal on it too. It will be great for all the branches we have now and the pruning hubby will be doing. It also shreds leaves and pine needles for the compost pile. It's not a good idea to put a lot of pine needles in the compost, unless they are shredded. So this will work out great!!

No comments: