Monday, September 04, 2006

Recipes...

Have you ever tried to declutter your recipes?? I'm trying to do that. I have them written on notebook paper, recipe cards, scraps of paper and pages ripped out of the recipe books you get at the grocery store check out aisles. (I've found some good recipes from those little recipe books)
So, I have all these stored in a decorative bowl, a shoe box and a recipe card holder.
I don't want to type them all up on the computer. I want to keep the original recipes because that helps me search for them!!! The old, food spattered recipes are easily recognizable!! Sad in a way. I might just keep my current system. The recipe books are actually on a small bookshelf, so they are doing good how they are!

On the decluttering my home front--I got the rest of my dresser drawers cleaned out. Interesting stuff found there!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Meghan--It's nice to have it done. All my recipes are right there all together. It is wonderful to have them in one place and not cluttering up my kitchen area!! It worked out perfectly for me.

earthchick said...

I so know what you mean about wanting to keep recipes in their original form. I have recipes coming out of my ears but can't seem to part with a single one.