Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

A new year is here. Hard to believe that another year has gone by!

I don't really have resolutions as much as I have goals.

This year I need to move on and stay out of the past. I have a habit of staying in the past and it's a hard habit to break. Some call it burning bridges, so I guess that is what I will call it.

I am also trying to be more mindful of how I spend money. We have learned a lot about our spending habits since April and then going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.
This year we will also continue to pay off our debt and not accrue any more debt.

Exercising and getting fit and eating more healthy are also goals of mine and my husbands. One thing toward that end is using the exercise equipment we have in the house. The Elliptical and Treadmill.
Eating more vegetables is also a goal and we are making strides toward doing that.

Again this year I would like to read more. I have new glasses and they are wonderful. It's just trying to find the time to read. I have been crocheting so much lately.

I also would like to finish two needlepoint seat covers for my mom. I have two of them done but as with reading, needlepoint was getting harder for me to do. that should change now.

Memory verses. I am joining my friend Bethany at Raindrops & Rainbows with memory verses this year.
I also would like to finish my Chronological bible this year.

I am contemplating two jobs. They are both in my old field of work. I would be my own boss and schedule my own hours, which really really appeals to me. I could work as much or as little as I wanted and I could work around my husbands hours.
It will be easier when the little guy is in school full time this coming fall.

So in one year, I can look back on this list and see what I have accomplished of my goals.

I hope you all have a blessed year this coming year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philipians 2:3
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 comment:

bp said...

Eating more vegetables is a good one!

I have been meaning to ask if you still use the elliptical. Do you still like it after having it around a while? We've thought of getting one but aren't sure.