Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Another edition of Thankful Thursday.

Today Iris over at Thankful Thursday is talking about Prayer.

Prayer plays an important role in my life as well as my family.

I teach my son how to pray and he has learned.
I can pray for internet friends that I have never met--and I do, sitting right at my computer I can say a prayer for healing, illness, death, life, or comfort, or anything else that is needed.

I know that at any time, any where that I can pray to God and He hears me, and that brings me comfort. I can pray for anyone at anytime and God hears my prayers.

Today we went out to lunch. It was just a fast food place but it was good food. we pray before we eat and my husband lead the prayer as he usually does. When he finished, there was a man sitting in the booth behind us and he approached our table and said "excuse me, it is nice to hear someone thank God for their food". We were somewhat surprised, and pleased.

Today I am thankful for:
*prayer
*my family
*fresh food available to us
*exercise--I always feel better after I exercise
*my freedom

1 comment:

bp said...

That is such a nice compliment to receive in the restaurant. I enjoyed your thoughts on prayer.