Saturday, January 17, 2009

Genealogy

Today I saw documents my cousin made from my fathers side of the family.

It is fascinating to see my family tree.

Some things I learned today:

*my Paternal Grandfather was an Electrical Engineer
*my paternal Great Grandfather was a model, among other occupations
*my ancestors were farmers in England that mostly stayed in the same area for generations
*I know who my ancestors are as far back as the 1500's so far
*some of them were illiterate and signed with a mark
*throughout the generations there are a lot of the same names
*my Grandparents were married in Trafalgar Square, they came to the USA in 1929

I also know a few interesting facts about my moms side:

*my maternal Great Great Grandfather left Luxembourg when he was 17 yrs old
*he fought in the Civil War with a company from Illinois!!
*my maternal Great great Grandmother was from Lyon France
*my maternal Great Grandma died on her 86th birthday--I was 13 She was a sweet lady
*these are all my moms and my special grandmas family
*my other Great grandparents were from England too!

No comments: