Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April Blankets



This month I have been working on these preemie afghans. They measure about 20x22, except for the last two on the right, which are smaller. That dark one is not black--it is a deep purple!

I had some leftover skeins of yarn and came across this project on my crochet board and decided it was time to use up those leftover skeins.


I've done this twice before, where I have made preemie and micro preemie afghans.

The first time was about 6 yrs ago when I made a bunch of them to bring to the hospital where I had my preemie baby (my daughter) many many years ago.

The second time is when an acquaintance of mine had her baby born to early to survive. We were due around the same time. It always touched my heart and opened my eyes to Incompetent Cervix issues that women have.

I made many tiny blankets to send to the hospital where her dear daughter was born.

So, this is just something I felt like doing for many reasons and it cleared up my stock of scrap yarn!!

3 comments:

bp said...

They make a beautiful rainbow all together like that.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Your blankets have meant so much to me, and imagining a tiny one wrapped in their softness makes me so happy!