Saturday, April 05, 2008

I am weary..........

I am weary.

Do you ever wish you could turn back the clock?

In certain circumstances I wish I could turn back the clock.

Number 3 in each definition fits my weariness right now.

Weary:

1 : exhausted in strength, endurance, vigor, or freshness
2 : expressing or characteristic of weariness (a weary sign)
3 : having one's patience, tolerance, or pleasure exhausted —used with of
4 : wearisome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And another one:

wea·ry /ˈwɪəri/ [weer-ee] adjective, -ri·er, -ri·est, verb, -ried, -ry·ing.
–adjective
1. physically or mentally exhausted by hard work, exertion, strain, etc.; fatigued; tired: weary eyes; a weary brain.
2. characterized by or causing fatigue: a weary journey.
3. impatient or dissatisfied with something (often fol. by of): weary of excuses.
4. characterized by or causing impatience or dissatisfaction; tedious; irksome: a weary wait.
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
5. to make or become weary; fatigue or tire: The long hours of work have wearied me.
6. to make or grow impatient or dissatisfied with something or at having too much of something (often fol. by of): The long drive had wearied us of desert scenery. We had quickly wearied at such witless entertainment.


Psalm 6:6
6 I am weary with my groaning;
All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with my tears.

Isaiah 40:28
28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.

No comments: