Tuesday, April 01, 2008

100 percent

I was running/walking on my treadmill this morning thinking about things. I seem to think about things when I am exercising or scrubbing floors.

Throughout my life, I know I have not given 100% of myself in most everything I do. There is no reason, I just haven't. Maybe it's just how I am made.

Looking back through my life and my experiences, I can see in my minds eye where I could have done something differently, or better, or quicker. Where I could have spend more time here or there. Or said something different in a certain situation, or not said something. There's a lot to be said for not saying something too. Or a different choice made or a different word spoken.

Even my relationship with God isn't 100 percent!!

I know what I am capable of doing and giving etc. I just know I haven't given 100% in all I do.

It sort of bothers me too.

Is it just being lazy? Taking shortcuts?? Is it being un motivated? Fatigued? Just downright tired of life? What is it??? I don't think anyone really has the answer. I think the answer comes from within each of us.

No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and most of us try to admit that and take responsibility for our actions.

I am no better than the next person and I know that I have tried to rectify my mistakes where I could and when I couldn't it was hard to come to terms with that.

Sometimes life just sucks but we plod along doing the best we can.

Sometimes we just struggle to make it through a day or a week or a month or even an hour. Sometimes it's nice to have friends to talk about our struggles.

Have you always given 100%???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all feel that way sometimes. We are human. I know I try hard, though. So do you. Very thought provoking post. :)

bp said...

It's hard to give 100% 100% of the time I think. I feel the same way sometimes, I don't give something my all (housework comes to mind). I think it is about my priorities.

Anonymous said...

Sigh.

I know I've come up short too often myself.

Something ELSE I need to work on.