Sunday, April 06, 2008

The classics...........

Have you read any of the classics?

Here's a partial list of authors. Tell me in the comments area what you have read and what you liked about the book.

* Aesop
* Louisa May Alcott
* James Matthew Barrie
* L. Frank Baum
* Anne Bronte
* Charlotte Bronte
* Emily Bronte
* Edgar Rice Burroughs
* Lewis Carroll
* Willa Cather
* Wilkie Collins
* Stephen Crane
* Charles Darwin
* Honore de Balzac
* Daniel Defoe
* Rene Descartes
* Charles Dickens
* Arthur Conan Doyle
* Fyodor Dostoevsky
* Alexandre Dumas
* George Eliot
* Mary Ann Evans
* Thomas Hobbes
* Marietta Holley
* Thomas Hughes
* William Kemp
* D. H. Lawrence
* Jack London
* John Milton
* Lucy Maud Montgomery
* E. Nesbit
* E. Phillips Oppenheim
* Edgar Allan Poe
* Mary Shelley
* Bram Stoker
* Leo Tolstoy
* Mark Twain
* Jules Verne
* Voltaire

2 comments:

bp said...

I did in high school but probably not since. I have a few on my want to read list though.

Anonymous said...

Me too.

(Stacie hides her head in shame.)

However, I do *OWN* things from those authors...I just haven't gotten into them. Reading Darwin is rather difficult. Even for us science geeks.