Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Birds

We are starting to get some of our birds back!! This morning I heard them singing.

The Finches are back. So are the Nuthatches and Robins. Poor Robins. When it snowed yesterday they were all in the crabapple trees eating all the dried fruit.

The Bluejays have been here all winter, as were the Chickadees. Even the Downy Woodpecker wintered here.

The dark eyed Juncos are starting to leave now. They summer up in Canada, and winter down here where it's warmer. LOL

The beautiful Cardinals also winter here. They are fun to watch at the feeder. Usually the male feeds the female as she sits in the tree and he gets the food and brings it to her.

I always look forward to seeing the different birds come back and trying to find new visitors.

The Bluebirds and sparrows are not here yet. Neither are the Orioles.

We get other birds and I will add them as I think of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful. :)

Pamela said...

It is beautiful! I love my birds. :)