Monday, April 21, 2008

The Pope



I watched the coverage of the Pope on his visit here. I also watched the Mass he had on Sunday. I have never seen a Catholic mass before in my life.
And, in the past I have found this pope just slightly creepy. Not anymore.

I realize you can't really get to know someone just by watching them on TV, but he is no longer that creepy pope to me. I learned a lot about him since the news people continually talk about him.

One thing I learned is he has a soft spot for the USA. I believe it stems back to his forced participation in Hitlers Nazi youth and Army. Of course the pope did not agree with Hitler and was happy when the US interceded in Germany at the end of the war.

I also really enjoyed the Mass. It was beautiful and I thought the Pope's message is one that could have been heard in any church on a Sunday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Timothy 2:5
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:13
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments: