Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CSA



CSA=Community Supported Agriculture. It's a good thing!!

I just called this morning to put in my order for a half share.

I will receive yummy organic veggies from June through October, twice a month, with the opportunity to order herbs, fresh eggs and other produce and fruits.

This is exciting because I don't have a big enough garden to be able to plant a huge variety of veggies, and this will give us the opportunity to try some new vegetables as well!

A new book was purchased, thanks to Nicole. It's called The Victory Garden Cookbook and it has every vegetable in it and every way to cook it!!

For those of you who are interested in this, you can go to this link http://www.localharvest.org/ and just put your state in the search and see what comes up!

4 comments:

bp said...

I wonder if this is available in my area. I have a friend who mentions a similar type program on her blog.

Pamela said...

Go to this link and put in your state--it should give you a listing!!!
http://www.localharvest.org/

VivC said...

So how much are CSAs where YOU live? It's $550 for a half share here!!!

Pamela said...

Mine is 260 a half share and I am paying 40 extra for delivery since I live so far out but it's worth it to me. Can't wait for my first delivery.