Friday, July 11, 2008

July blanket



I just finished this blanket last night. It is folded in the picture.

It is 32 inches by 36 inches, so almost a square.

It is made with 14 ounces of Bernat baby cotton yarn and 14 ounces of white. I hold the two strands together and it makes a firmer/heavier blanket. I love the cotton for baby blankets because they are so soft and warm for babies.

On a related note, last year I came across a site called Orphan Foundation of America. (it's listed on the sidebar under sites for donations)

The foundation delivers red scarves made by volunteers to orphaned/foster children that are in college.

I found the site too late to donate for last year since they take donations to give out September through October. But this year I plan on making several scarves. Red is one of my favorite colors too.

I will post a picture when I am ready to send the scarves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

1 comment:

bp said...

That sounds like a neat organization. Caleb saw this picture of the afghan and thought it was one of Gramma's. She made one of that color recently.